Upgrade to Lion

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu May 31 18:08:23 EDT 2012

Hi Kay,
You raise some interesting theories.

For your gps-based system, I would have recommended that you take a look at
the sqlite rtree extension which is specifically geared to range-based
queries such as gps coordinates.  Unfortunately, the version of the sqlite
library that is currently embedded in Livecode doesn't support it but just
in case it becomes of interest in the future, you can find more info at
http://www.sqlite.org/rtree.html.  One of the many QCC reports from me
regarding sqlite is a request to provide an updated library but so far, no
response.

I've heard nothing but good things regarding Valentina as far as it's speed
of retrieval.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but
it's on my radar for the near future.

I was hoping you had found something to explain some of my Lion issues in
your comment about excluding the Time Machine backup disk from Spotlight
but when I look at my spotlight preferences, the backup drive is listed
there as being excluded, just as it was before upgrading to Lion.  Maybe
I'm misunderstanding what you said?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>