Upgrade to Lion

Tim Jones tolistim at me.com
Thu May 31 12:45:03 EDT 2012

> On May 30, 2012, at 1:00 PM, use-livecode-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:
>
>> 3 times I had tape backups fail me when I needed them most. I will never, no ever, no not ever use tape again.
>>
>> Bob

I can feel your pain as we hear nightmare stories all the time, but I would be willing to bet a case of your favorite beer that the problem was your software, not you tape or tape drive (unless your tapes were physically damaged).  Maybe you should try a different backup application.

I've been doing this stuff for almost 30 years (I was part of the hardware design team for Archive) and I've not once seen a tape (any type - QIC, DAT, DLT, AIT, VXA, LTO, and others) fail due to anything short of physical damage when the backup software wasn't the real problem.

Tim