Preferences menu behaviour on Mac changed in LC 5.5?

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Wed May 30 18:26:03 EDT 2012

I have a preferences menu in my application.  It works fine in 5.0.2.
However I have noticed that the behaviour is odd in 5.5

The Edit menu has a blank item at the bottom of the menu.
The Preferences menu is disabled.
When I enable it with the menu builder  then switch to the browse tool the
'Preferences' item in the Application menu is disabled.
If I use the browse tool and  enable the Preferences menu with a script then
the 'Preferences' item in the application menu is enabled but if I select it
I get LiveCode's preferences palette, the script that should run when my
Preferences item is selected(which opens a modal stack)  does not run.

Has something changed in how you should set up the preferences menu?

Martin