RunRev Position on Mac App Store issues

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon May 28 12:49:15 EDT 2012

I emailed support a couple of days ago about two Mac App Store issues:

- The ability to chack Mac App Store Receipt Files
- Plans to support the sandboxing requirements

I rceived the following reply this morning:

"LiveCode does not support this feature. This is definitely on our list of
future
developments. Also, please check LiveCode externals development it might be
possible with it. Please see these lessons on externals:

http://www.runrev.com/developers/documentation/externals-sdk/

http://www.runrev.com/developers/lessons-and-tutorials/explore-livecode/externals/
"

I've been fortunate in receiving a huge amount of help from a list memberr
on the receipt file checking issue but the sandboxing requirements are a
whole other issue.

I'm hoping that the externals writers out there will see fit to fill the
gap left by RunRev.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>