Linux Postgres Authentication Error

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Sun May 27 10:06:29 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have a stack that needs to connect over a network to a postgres database
running on Linux where the pg_hba.conf file is configured as follows

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD
host             all                  glen           0.0.0.0/0
      md5

I know that I am talking to postgres (if I change md5 to trust I can
login... but this allows anyone to as well)

The error I get is FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "glen"

In the standalone settings I have:

Script libraries

   - database
   - internet