Request for Linux IDE to build for Android submitted

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sat May 26 14:10:32 EDT 2012

I think this makes sense, if the buyer has to pay the same price that Mac users have to pay for Windows. Windows 7 Ultimate (the equivalent version to OSX, because OSX does't come in cut-down variations) has a retail price of $320. Lion sells for $30. Now, to be fair you would have had to installed Snow Leopard in order to order Lion, you could argue that the effective price is $160. That's still half the price of Windows. Apple could make a straight to Lion product for perhaps $150, which could be enough income to be worth the trouble, and still be less than half the price of Windows.

One issue though is that it could lead to a huge amount of support for all the variations of PC hardware people might use it on.