[PREVIEW] Task LIst Plugin (lcTaskList) for LiveCode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 26 10:41:03 EDT 2012

On 05/26/2012 05:04 PM, Bill Vlahos wrote:
> Richmond,
>
> On May 26, 2012, at 1:22 AM, Richmond wrote:
>
>>> You should not need to change the suffix unless you are installing it for Revolution instead of LiveCode.
>> I am, and your website claims that your plugin works for ALL versions (might be a wee bit
>> of an over-generalisation - think of trying it with RunRev 1.0).
> I only claim all versions of LiveCode and versions of Revolution 3.5 or later not all versions of Rev.
> You are correct that if using Revolution the extension needs to be set to ".rev". I'll update the web page.
>> HOWEVER; it is awkward s*ds like me who can push your plugin to its extremes, and that isn't
>> necessarily a bad thing.
> I want people to push it.

> Yes it should work there.

>> !!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Now: is this not working because of Linux? Mac PPC ? Old versions of RunRev ?
> Double check the instructions at http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4071/l/21341-how-to-install-custom-user-plugins for the installation of plugins. I would expect your setup to be able to work.

That seems all very straight forward, and as that is the way I installed
the lcTaskList plugin I am NOT surprised that it shows up
in the menu /Development/Plugins and load when it is selected.

But . . .

Ahah: Gottit! Opened a rather silly little stack of mine and wrote
"--MARK Visichko" into a card script and it "automagically" appeared in the
plugin's field/ datagrid (???)

So certainly works in RR/LC 4.5 on Linux. I would assume that that goes
for Mac PPC as well. I have to hop out for supper with
some friends, but afterwards I will run your plugin with RR/LC 3.5.0,
4.0.0 and 4.5.0 om both Linux and PPC; and, just for fun (???)
give it a whirl with Metacard.

HOWEVER: the "Ahah" may be interpreted in 2 ways (both of which are a
possible problem for you):

1. Richmond is a bit stupid and it took him quite a while to realise
that unless he added those comments into his scripts they
would not appear in lcTaskList.

2. Your instructions are not clear enough.

Of course #1 would not be a problem if #2 were BLATANT.

AND . . . how does one use the plugin to count script lines in a stack?