[PREVIEW] Task LIst Plugin (lcTaskList) for LiveCode

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sat May 26 10:04:49 EDT 2012

Richmond,

On May 26, 2012, at 1:22 AM, Richmond wrote:

>> You should not need to change the suffix unless you are installing it for Revolution instead of LiveCode.
>
> I am, and your website claims that your plugin works for ALL versions (might be a wee bit
> of an over-generalisation - think of trying it with RunRev 1.0).
I only claim all versions of LiveCode and versions of Revolution 3.5 or later not all versions of Rev.
You are correct that if using Revolution the extension needs to be set to ".rev". I'll update the web page.

> HOWEVER; it is awkward s*ds like me who can push your plugin to its extremes, and that isn't
> necessarily a bad thing.
I want people to push it.

>> On May 24, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Richmond wrote:
>>
>>> The installation instructions on the website are incorrect vis-a-vis Linux.
>>>
>>> In Linux installs (well 4.0.0 and 4.5.0 at least) the Plugins folder resides inside the same folder as the executable.
>>>
>>> If you are using something a bit older than LC 5.0 don't forget to change the suffix from '.livecode' to '.rev' on the plugin.
>>>
>>> Over on my PPC Mac, inside the 'Documents' folder there is a 'My Revolution Enterprise' which is potentially HIGHLY MISLEADING
>>> as, if one right-clicks on the executable one finds at /Contents/Tools/Plugins just the right place to put lcTaskList.rev
Yes it should work there.

>>> On opening the stack for my Devawriter Pro ( RR 4.5, macMiniPPC, Mac OS 10.4) the plugin does nothing at all except slow things down considerably.
>>>
>>> Let's have a go on Linux ( RR 4.5, DELL Optiplex 745, Xubuntu 12.04 with XFCE 4.10) - much the same.

> Now: is this not working because of Linux? Mac PPC ? Old versions of RunRev ?
Double check the instructions at http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4071/l/21341-how-to-install-custom-user-plugins for the installation of plugins. I would expect your setup to be able to work.

Bill Vlahos