iOS Splash Screen masks display

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat May 26 04:49:34 EDT 2012

Jacque thanks very much, works perfectly. My mistake was to think that the card is drawn after "preOpenCard" and before "openCard" (this is implied by the SC docs, which tell you to use a "preOpenCard" handler to execute stuff that you want to do before the card appears). It appears that actually the drawing must done during "openCard".

 I have never noticed this before. It's interesting that, although the drawing action is internal to LC, iOS doesn't let go of the launch image/splash screen until the app has something to show. Makes sense tho.

Thanks again

Graham