xml files with LC

ron barber runrevron at gmail.com
Fri May 25 10:59:13 EDT 2012

Thanks Andre, Roger and Peter,
lots of good resources that I'll work with.

Thanks
Ron

ps - don't know why I had the old address...

Ron,

If your files are XML files you should use RevXML routines to parse them.
The user guide has a section on RevXML if I remember correctly. The
dictionary can also be used if you select the "library" section and choose
XML.

LiveCode has a lot of XML goodness in it. =)

Although not about XML per se, the lesson at
http://revmedia.runrev.com/developers/lessons-and-tutorials/tutorials/intermediate-rss-feeds/shows
how to handle RSS which is an XML format, so you can use this lesson
to learn about the routines.

Cheers
andre