lcTaskList Performance

Paul Looney simplsol at aol.com
Thu May 24 18:36:51 EDT 2012

Bill,

I've been following the RunRev list comments about lcTaskList speed.

For what it is worth
1. I have 46 large stacks open on my desktop (just for testing, I don't work this way)
2. Some of these are substacks, most are main stacks
3. I have two large, 2000+ lines, stack scripts open in the Script Editor
4. The largest stack has 510 fields and 282 buttons
5. The largest stack script is 2327 lines of code
6. I'm guessing that, in open plugins, substacks, btns and flds, there are over 100,000 lines
7. I'm testing with and without the script editor open and the message box displayed
8. The TaskList is correctly displaying 23 FIXMEs

Updating the TaskList is almost instantaneous - too fast to time - certainly less than 2 seconds. Could not ask for better!

MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 4 GB 1333 Mhz DD3, OS X 10.7.4

Paul Looney