Blockly

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun May 20 02:44:51 EDT 2012

On 05/20/2012 08:35 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> All-
>
> Blockly was released into the wild at 9AM today. I spent a good amount
> of time talking with the developer at the Maker Faire. Open source
> block-oriented extensible visual programming, exports to JavaScript,
> etc... soon to have Google docs spreadsheet api access, looks like
> much fun.
>
> https://code.google.com/p/google-blockly/

Why do I think that somebody pinched something from somebody else?

A quick compare and contrast exercise will raise a few eyebrows:

https://code.google.com/p/google-blockly/

http://scratch.mit.edu/

It was the image in the top-left-hand corner of the Blockly page that
raised my hackles
straight away.