LiveCode-HyperCard XCMD's

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 18 14:47:00 EDT 2012

Hi fro, Bequtiful Brittqny;

(whoops, sorry, that was with the French keyboard)

Interesting to see that 20 of the 26 latest messages
on the forum were about Hypercard. It just shows how
many of us came from the "old" era !

I copiously used the XFCN's and XCMD's, because of
the fact that Hypercard, besides being absolutely
brilliant, lacked interfaces to functions we now
consider essential. Happily, LiveCode not only fills
the lack of Hypercard, but carries it so much further.
Just a glance at the number of ways you can play with
data, shows just one element of the power of LiveCode,
without even mentioning the multimedia interfaces.

I spent more than 10 years with Hypercard, but thanked
the day I fell across Revolution.

Hypercard is dead. Long live LiveCode !

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"