Fwd: Re: I want to be a flasher.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu May 17 05:17:15 EDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: I want to be a flasher.
Date: 	Thu, 17 May 2012 12:15:47 +0300
From: 	Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
To: 	How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>

On 05/16/2012 09:31 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>> I swear there was a "flash" command in RunRev/Livecode which would flash
>> the screen.
>>
>> However, having looked back at RunRev 2.2.1 I think I am wrong.
>>
>> SO . . . does anybody know how to do this sort of thing:
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>    invert screen colours, and/or flash the screen rapidly
>> end mouseUp
>
> You could show and hide a graphic object which overlays the card, with
> its ink set to srcXor.

Perfect!

I made an img "whiteSquare.png" with GIMP
and imported it into the top layer of my stack, locked it, set it to
invisible,

*** AND set the ink of img "whiteSquare.png" to srcXor.

  and the put this in a "Flash" button:

on mouseUp
     set the vis of img "whiteSquare.png" to true
     wait 5 ticks
     set the vis of img "whiteSquare.png" to false
end mouseUp

Thank you Richard!