send command hiccups?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu May 17 05:11:26 EDT 2012

No really good ideas, but a couple of tings you might try

1. log the actual time when you do the 'send' and when you are
re-awakened and see if there is anything to be seen in the way of a pattern

> on dingDing
>     if the cpFlag of me is false then exit dingDing
         put "about to play" && the long seconds & CR after field "timeLog"
>     play "ding" -- an au file, length of 0.089 seconds
>     put field "sendWait" into tSendWaittime_ding
>     if tSendWaittime_ding<= 0 then put 90 into tSendWaittime_ding
         put "ready to send" && the long seconds & CR after field "timeLog"
>     send "dingDing" to me in tSendWaittime_ding milliseconds
> end dingDing

2. do NOTHING else in dingding !

on dingDing
    if the cpFlag of me is false then exit dingDing
    send reallyding to me in 0 milliseconds
    send "dingDing" to me in cpWaittime_ding milliseconds   !! NB custom prop
end dingDing

on reallyding
   play "ding" -- an au file, length of 0.089 seconds
   put field "sendWait" into cpWaittime_ding
   if cpWaittime_ding <= 0 then put 90 into cpWaittime_ding
end reallyDing

-- Alex.