A place for stack libraries in My LiveCode?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 16 23:01:16 EDT 2012

I guess I'm thinking both, Jacque.

I only recently noticed that there is a place in "My LiveCode" for externals.  There is a folder where the externals for the current IDE are kept.   There are folders used by the standalone builder for including externals in an app.  That seems to be the standard way of handling externals these days.  I'm trying to get with the program and convert my external schemes to that.

However, for every external there are a dozen script libraries, such as stack libraries.  I was imagining that since there is some sort of scheme for managing plugins and externals, then surely there is one for script libraries.  (There might even be one for libraries in controls.)  I guess that is not the case.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about letting LiveCode manage my externals, but to be compatible with others, I may still do that.  Nine times out of ten either my customer or I will put a library wrapper around an external, anyway.  That can be viewed the other way around: most of my externals are helpers for libraries.

Dar