Windows Metro

Peter M. Brigham, MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:41:16 EDT 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 1:33 PM, Richmond wrote:

> On 05/15/2012 03:56 PM, Peter M. Brigham, MD wrote:
>> I'm still running Office 2004 (Mac) -- never saw a reason to move on. Doing the regular updates allows forward compatibility, so I can open newer Word documents fine. Of course, I'm not doing any heavy lifting in Word, so I don't need a lot of features. I'll have to buy the new version when I switch to Lion, though <sigh>.
>
> I don't know why you think that:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/
>
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?nodetect

Yes, I'm considering that. I already have OpenOffice for the mac and use it occasionally but maybe I'm getting old -- I've been using Word so long that the features and procedures are second nature to me, and I don't like OpenOffice as well, probably just because I'm less used to it. There's something to be said for having used a tool for so long that you don't have to think about how to use it, you just use it.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig