Problem with QT Player

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Mon May 14 16:07:57 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Mark Schonewille
<m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> This is a tricky question, because there are too many factors playing a role here. Think of the URL of the MP3 file, the Windows firewall, the visibility of the stack window, the rect of the player, the moment when the filename property of the player is set, the moment when the stack window is made visible, the time needed to load the MP3 file, etc. I think you need to go back to his machine, install LiveCode on it and debug your stack step by step.
>
> Just to be sure, what's the URL to the MP3 file?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> We will have room for new projects after 1 June. Contact me now and be first in line.
>>

>> Bump!
>> ...overlooked, ignored or just no clues of what might be causing the problem?
>> I always brush my teeth before contacting the list and today I added
>> fresh cologne before sending this message. ;-)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David C.

Mark, first of all, thanks for your reply!
...I cannot imagine why it would be tricky. I burned the file to a CD,
carried it to him, he ran it directly from the CD while I was watching
and it didn't work. We re-installed the latest QT and the player still
would not work.

I put the exact same CD into my own laptop, using the same wireless
network and it does work without problems. Can't be an issue with the
path in that situation, so I'm really more interested in verifying
that there isn't some kind of QT external that must ship with the app.
(Didn't see one in the list of externals)

--
Best regards,
David C.