Standalone problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 11 22:04:58 EDT 2012

On 5/11/12 12:43 PM, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:

> But when I loaded the app onto another Mac, although all screen
> functionality works perfectly, the control signals are not
> implemented.

It sounds like the app can't find the external. Do you see it in the
standalone bundle? It should be next to the engine if you put it into
the Copy Files pane in the standalone settings.

You can either set the externals in a line of script, or using the
externals pane in the stack's property inspector. If you use the
inspector, don't include a path, just use the short file name, like
"myexternal.bundle". You won't need to use a script if you do it that
way, I believe.

I usually bypass the inspector and use a line of script instead:

   set the externals of this stack to "myexternal.bundle"

You can only set externals in a preOpenStack handler. Anything after
that and its too late to load them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com