[OT] Mac Beach Ball Party (or welcome to hell, here's your mac)

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri May 11 17:12:56 EDT 2012

thanks Scott. I'll do that,

UPDATE

I'm really not happy to completely reinstall here, I don't think that will
fix things permanently.
I gave a call to my favorite RAM company RAMJET, and their memory expert
told me that the Mac Pro on Lion REALLY needs more than the 6 stock gigs
installed (!) and suggested I get a 3-stick upgrade of 4 gb modules  to get
up to 15 gigs, so I ordered them and we'll see how that works out. I will
never fully understand memory math and why these have to work in threes -
(is it the 64 bits?) -- currently there are 6  1 gig sticks, with two open
slots.  I will lose one of the 1 gig sticks, so the total goes to 15g.

William Gibson had no idea about how astronomical ram size would go. None
of us did.

I will report back