Hosting Companies: Was Gatekeeper

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu May 10 16:31:10 EDT 2012

Things are so cheap these days that there is no reason not to go with a VPS
hosting. Instead of paying from 5 to 10 monthly, you can pay just a little
big more and be root. You may not know how to do linux stuff but once you
need to install some odd library or software you will be happy that you
went with a VPS.

I can recommend JaguarPC as well, they never failed me. I am moving away
from them because I want to consolidate all my servers. I have both a
linode and on-rev, so I am not using my Jag much but their service rocks
and I recommend them for anyone that needs managed help. 24/7 support that
lives and breaths web hosting is something that one should never overlook.

You can pick drag & drop site builder applications for every OS out there
and upload the result to your server. Using a good company will keep you
sane.

For those that are not afraid of linux and terminals, Linode is a great
option. Their help guides are the best thing out there but it is basically
"bring your own sys admin". I've been sysadmin of my boxes since 1995 or
so, so I am confortable doing that kind of stuff but I recognize it is not
everyones cup of tea.

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.