[OT] Gatekeeper

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Thu May 10 04:56:14 EDT 2012

Yes. Gatekeeper and the Mac App Store are two totally separate things, Ill just keep this reply back on the original Gatekeeper thread to avoid confusion.

Ive just been playing with gatekeeper signing this morning,  took 15 minutes max to get the developer id from Appe,  then sign an app successfully so gatekeeper accepted it.

Its quite simple,  once you have your certificate and have double clicked to install it into your keychain,  you create the app as usual in Livecode then run the  the terminal command...

codesign -f -s "Developer ID Application: Developer Name" ./yourApp.app

You can then test the code sign is acceptable by running...

sudo spctl -a -v ./yourApp.app