SHIFTkey "Fun"

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Wed May 9 16:34:59 EDT 2012

Yes, there's no raw key access on MacOS

Why not code around it? Much as I'd like RunRev to respond to each and
every request, it makes sense for them to fix the things we cannot do,
rather than doing it the way we'd like.

In the stack script:
---------------------------------
on openStack
   keysensor
end openStack

on keysensor
   if shiftKey() is down then
     send "rawKeyDown "&65505 to this card in 0 milliseconds
   end if
   if controlKey() is down then
     -- set this code "right"
     send "rawKeyDown "&65506 to this card in 0 milliseconds
   end if  if commandKey() is down then
     -- set this code "right"
     send "rawKeyDown "&65507 to this card in 0 milliseconds
   end if  if shiftKey() is down then
     -- set this code "right"
     send "rawKeyDown "&65508 to this card in 0 milliseconds
   end if

   -- change this to tradeoff cpu usage/responsiveness
   send "keysensor" to me in 200 milliseconds
end keysensor
---------------------------------

On your card, create a field called 'log' with 20 or more lines, and put
this code in the card's script:
on rawKeyDown RAWK
   put the milliseconds&" "&RAWK&cr before field log
   put (line 1 to 20 of field "log") into field "log"
end rawKeyDown

Doesn't that accomplish most of what you wanted in an admittedly
bass-ackwards way?

-Ken