Umlaute get corrupted when transfering livecode from Win to Mac

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue May 8 06:16:15 EDT 2012

Hello,

from time to time german Umlaute in livecode files get corrupted when
transferring the files between the platforms Win <-> Mac. My development is
primary on Win, but testing and building the standalone I do on each
platform. But I tried it also the other way

This happens irregulary and not reproduceable. To me it happened in the
standalone setting, e.g. name of application, as well as in the scripts,
which can lead to corrupted scripts. I try to avoid umlaute in handler or
variable names, but can't avoid them always in object names, messages,
labels, titles, etc.

Did anybody else encountered this? Any ideas how to avoid, to check for?

Tiemo