Datagrid Drag/Drop error

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon May 7 15:15:36 EDT 2012

I'm getting an error using some datagrid drag and drop handlers provided
for datagrids.  The error happens when I drag a line outside the boundaries
of the stack window and then back in again.  So far I can only make this
happen in a standalone program, not the IDE.

The standalone reports the folloing error:

Type: Chunk: error in object expression
Object: button 'dgTrackDragDrop' of group 'ColumnList' of card id 1002 of
stack 'SQLiteAdmin_CreateNewIndex' of stack
'/Applications/SQLiteAdmin.app/Contents/MacOS/SQLiteAdmin'
Line:
Line Num: 24
Hint: dragMove

The handlers I'm using look like this:

*on* dragStart

   *local* tTheIndex, tTheDragData, tTheDataControl

   *put* the dgDataControl of the target into tTheDataControl

   *if* (tTheDataControl is empty) *then* *pass* dragStart *-- Prevent the
move if no data control exists*

   *if* (the dgHeader of the target is empty) *then*

      *put* the dgIndex of tTheDataControl into tTheIndex

      *set* the dgDragImageIndex of me to tTheIndex

      *set* the dragData["private"] to tTheDragData

      *set* the dgDragReorderData of me to tTheDragData

      *set* the dgTrackDragReorder[tTheIndex] of me to true

   *end* *if*

*end* dragStart

*on* DragReorderDrop pOriginatingIndex, pStartLine, pDroppedOnLine

   *if* (pStartLine is not pDroppedOnLine) *then*

      SetLineOfIndex pOriginatingIndex, pDroppedOnLine

      *send* "RefreshList" to me in 0 secs

   *end* *if*

*end* DragReorderDrop

*on* dragMove

   *local* tTheDragData

   *put* the dgDataControl of the target into tTheDataControl

   *if* (tTheDataControl is empty) *then* *pass* dragMove

   *set* the dragaction to "move"

   *put* the dgIndex of tTheDataControl into tTheIndex

   *--      set the dgDragReorderData of me to tTheDragData*

   *set* the dgTrackDragReorder[tTheIndex] of me to true *-- Scroll the
list during the dragMove using the datagrid API*
*
*

it looks like th error is in a datagrid internal handler but I haven't been
able to track it down.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>