RevDatabaseConnectResult

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue May 1 21:23:06 EDT 2012

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the above function doesn't work, at
least with sqlite.

I have the following code snippet:

*put* revDataFromQuery(,,gDBID,psql) into myData

*if* myData begins with "revdberr" *then*

   *return* revDatabaseConnectResult(gDBID)

end if

Dictionary says:

"I*f there were no errors on the specified database connection, the
revDatabaseConnectResult function returns empty. Otherwise the
revDatabaseConnectResult function returns the database specific error
message for the most recent database operation that failed.*"

The above code returns empty even when myData begins with "revdberr"

I know I can return myData and it will have the error plus LC's preamble, I
have reasons for not wanting to do that.

Any thoughts?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>