PayPal IPN & LC

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Tue May 1 20:47:17 EDT 2012

Hi Monte,

This is all territory I have no experience with.

Regarding your point #1, I had that line of code there just to see if I
could get the data written out... which I can't. I suspect the problem
is with permissions.

If I use this address for the IPN sender (inside my cgi-bin... where I
can use 777 permissions):
   " http://65.23.xxx.x/cgi-bin/ipn.php "
IPN says "IPN delivery failed. HTTP error code 500: Internal Server Error"

If I use this address for the IPN sender (inside my servers root
Documents folder... where I can't use 777 permissions):
   " http://65.23.xxx.x//ipn.php "
The IPN sender is happy, but the PHP script can't write to file, as
permissions there are only 775.

Regarding point #2, do you mean to call the cgi script from inside the
PHP listener? If so, what does that line of code look like?

Thanks.
Richard