Kickstarter.livecode

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sat Jun 30 10:18:37 EDT 2012

Those are my feelings exactly. I like the idea of the critical amount. I love the idea of perks or what have you. The part that interests me is, for instance, I have an idea and I put it up for lets say $500 critical and I get the promise of $100 by campaign end, a few things happen, One: I know there is some interest but not enough to proceed forward with the current plan and that it needs to be thought through further. Two:  I found this out before having invested any resources up front. and Three: The kick starters that did want this were not charged.

If I did get the minimum critical amount then I can tell that enough people were interested to see it come to fruition -- but the community as a whole were not completely crazy and in love with the idea which also equates to getting a sense of any future sales of said plugin/project. The good part here is that The project gets completed and that the minimum funding is up front and that maybe I need to treat my marketing in a different way.

Lastly, Some ideas will absolutely thrill the community who will then 'vote' as it were for that with cash and I get to know that it's a hit and I get my funding up front.

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net