What happened to my message box?

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu Jun 28 20:17:28 EDT 2012

Craig's trick has never worked for me. Yes, I deleted all the prefs and
reinstalled LC. That didn't help. Messages are turned on but that was a
good thing to check.

I'm limping along with my self-rolled message box so I'm able to move
forward at this point. Thanks for the reply.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 6/27/12 1:19 PM, Howard Bornstein wrote:
>
>> Yup. Launch LC, call up the msg box, enter "Put the time", hit return.
>>  Nothing.
>>

> The only other person I know of who had this problem was Craig (DunbarX)
> and I think upgrading eventually fixed it. If I remember right, clicking
> the lower pane of the message box would activate it again, and allow typing
> into the upper pane. It was odd behavior.
>
> I've not followed all this, so I can't remember if you tried deleting
> prefs and restarting. If so, maybe a reinstall would fix it. I seem to
> recall Craig did that and it didn't work, but who knows.
>
> One thing that catches me sometimes is that the Messages icon is turned on
> (messages are blocked). If so, the message box stops working. Check that.
>

> --

Regards,

Howard Bornstein