Delete stack

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jun 27 14:45:23 EDT 2012

Hi Peter,

The application browser is unreliable and that's why I stopped using it years ago. To check that the stack was removed from memory, you use the following syntax in the message box:

put (there is a stack "<short name of the stack>")

I think that the application browser stores the long id of a stack somewhere and if you click on a stack in the application browser, it uses the long id to open that stack again. Also, whenever you view the list of substacks in the application browser, their mainstack is loaded back into memory to get access to the substacks.

I noticed something weird. If I make a new stack and a substack and save them to disk and subsequently delete the mainstack but not the substack, I can still open the substack with

go stack "<name of mainstack>"

and if I close it thereafter, the message box displays an error saying that the stack is corrupt (which isn't true). If I close the substack before the mainstack and then delete the mainstack, I get the error immediately and the mainstack doesn't show up again. Does your mainstack have any substacks?

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com