What happened to my message box?

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Jun 27 14:19:08 EDT 2012

Yup. Launch LC, call up the msg box, enter "Put the time", hit return.
 Nothing.

I've got the standard plugins along with a couple others, but I've been
using those for years and haven't updated them. Someone else on this list
reported the same problem with the message box last year, specifically with
V 4.5.3. I think this version is not particularly stable (all kinds of
on-going problems with the debugger and script editor).

I'm planning to upgrade everything to the current versions, but I wanted to
get a little further in IOS testing before I commit the $500 for the
upgrade.

Thanks for your replies.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> This happens with no stacks open or in memory and no plugins active? It
> sounds like there is something intercepting the enterKey or returnkey
> message and not passing it, perhaps in a frontscript.
>
> Bob
>

> On Jun 26, 2012, at 4:11 PM, Howard Bornstein wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what I put in the message box, since it
> > never seems to act on the return key to execute the command.
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Try typing breakpoint;<your command here>
> >>
> >> You should be warned however that the message box is a strange beast,
> and
> >> may not behave as you expect, particularly with regard to execution
> >> contexts (if I remember right).
> >>
> >> Bob

> message

> Debug