Is there a way to get an "exitGroup" behavior when someone clicks a non-group field

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:36:58 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Mark Schonewille
<m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:
> If you want to run a script after the user clicks outside a field, use the closeField and
> exitField messages.

The behavior, though, depends upon whether that exitField is going to
the next field  of the group, or clean out of the group

>You could also add a graphic to the group, behind all the controls of the group, and add
>a mouseUp handler to this graphic.

I'm not following--wouldn't the mouseUp/Dn go outside the group when
someone clicks the external field?

could I use mouseWithin, perhaps?  Does moving the cursor outside the
current field count as "using the browser control"?

> As mike wrote, you can disable all controls while the group is visible. That would make
>your interface less confusing for the user.

I would like the user, when done with the extra fields in the group,
to be able to exit by any obvious means--the command to close, tabbing
out (which I can detect), or just clicking where he wants to be next.

Being able to tell that a click occurred outside the invisible
background graphic sounds the best so far . . .

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com