Arriving on Newark Airport on Monday, anyone arriving at the same time

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 05:45:29 EDT 2012

On 06/26/2012 12:12 PM, Dermot Doran wrote:
> I have to travel to the US in about two months time.  I will check in
> to make sure you've cleared immigration.
>
> P.S.
>
> Please do not quote this email to any US immigration official. I'm
> sure there is a law against this kind of humor :-)

17 years ago the US immigration people at Chicago didn't want to let me
back in, on a student visa,
because I was carrying a sealed tin of Bulgarian sheep's cheese.

The poor sods let me go when I signed a disclaimer.

But, I am sure, somewhere in the depths of O'Hare airport there is some
poor officer
who is still shaking that tin and wondering what is really inside it.

Dream On, Baby: by now that cheese will have transmogrified into a tin
of highly explosive and
toxic cheese - a little-know secret weapon that is useless until it is
about 17 years too late.

No, they are indeed a humourless lot!