is evaluation order defined, and evaluation of conditionals"and" to "or

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:53:37 EDT 2012

On Monday, June 25, 2012, wrote:

> "or" is a simpler case, as there is never a need to evaluate after
> a first round "true". Again, at least externally.

No, they're not.

OR is "when both inputs are false, output is false (else its true)"
AND is "when both inputs are true, output is true (else its false)"

(ok, so I discovered DeMorgan's theorem myself as a kid when I didn't have
the chips I needed (although I expressed it as "invert all the inputs and
the output, and use the other name"

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.