is evaluation order defined, and evaluation of conditionals

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 23:56:44 EDT 2012

On Monday, June 25, 2012, Jerry Jensen wrote:

> This behavior is guaranteed in the C language, but I don't know about
> guarantees in LiveCode. In C, similarly if "or" is used instead of "and",
> if the first part evaluates to "true", the second is NOT called. Again, I
> dunno about LiveCode. Exercise left to the reader (or somebody who knows!)

wow.  It's guaranteed to not be called?

OK, I retract my guess.

Then again, I guess that comes to the different purposes of C and modern
Fortran (I'm not sure what I said applies to F90; maybe F95 & later).
 Modern Fortan is designed for massive parallelism for math; offering to do
things in order would be counterproductive).

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com