Getting a URL is working, but not the put -- trying to write to a web file. Troubleshooting needed.

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Jun 25 15:25:42 EDT 2012

Hi Matthias and Mark,

There are in fact a few ways to use the put URL command with the http protocol. If the server supports it, you can use "put myVar into url myURL" directly and retrieve the data in PHP. Some time ago, there was a discussion about it on this mailing list. Here's some more info about handling the PUT method in PHP: http://qery.us/2ah . Unfortunately, I don't think this is very relevant for Mark R.

Another possibility is to use a PHP (or iRev or CGI) script that uses the GET method on the server. In LiveCode, you can access this with

put url ("http://www.bla.com/file.php?var=" & urlEncode(myVar))

This is a kind of cheating because it doesn't really use the PUT method but at least it uses the http protocol.

FTP is a good solution too, of course.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille