Table field

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Jun 23 09:28:47 EDT 2012

To cook yourself the perfect scrolling field, you need:

A graphic:
32 pixels high
at least 1 pixel wide (or more for easier handling, width doesn't matter)
upper 16 pixels white
lower half very light blue or very light grey

Also a list type field (dontwrap= true) with:
textHeight = 16
fixedLineHeight = True
margins (on the "text formatting" part of the inspector): 8,4,8,8
set the backgroundPatter of this field to the image.

Result:
Perfect scrolling list of entries, where the background colors scroll along with the text.

Tip: a textHeight of 16 with the default 11 textSize looks a bit cramped, you can adjust the hight of the lines and the hight of the graphic for other linesizes.