simple (?): how to test menus after building them

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 21 10:12:43 EDT 2012

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Actually, you can share groups from a mainstack to any of its substacks.

How?  I've been wanting to do that for years, so we could get something
close to Gain Momentum's "View" objects but haven't been able to do it.
Back in the day I asked Dr. Raney, and he told me it couldn't be done
but that he might consider it for the future.

Has that future arrived?

I just tried it again in v4.6.4 and v5.5.1, with a mainstack "a" and a
substack "b", in which "a" has a group named "x" and ran this in the
Message Box with "b" topmost:

    place grp "x" of cd 1 of stack "a" into this cd

It threw this error:

    Message execution error:
    Error description: place: group is not in this stack or is
    already on this card

What's the secret?

--
  Richard Gaskin