simple (?): how to test menus after building them

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 20 23:14:01 EDT 2012

On 6/20/12 9:54 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 20, 2012, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>

>> Actually, you can share groups from a mainstack to any of its substacks.
>>
>> Which is exactly what I want to do--but how?
>
>   I created in the main sack, but it doesn't paper when try to use the menu
> object->place , it isn't there as an option.  I tried "place group mcp_menu
> of car 1 of stack mcp onto this card" but it couldn't resolve it.

You and Ben are right, I misspoke. I was thinking of setting the menubar
of a stack. If you're on a Mac then that works; if you're on Windows
then you do need to reproduce the menu on the substack in order to place it.

In the message box:

   set the menubar of stack "mySubstack" to "Menubar 1"

The actual group doesn't appear on the card, which is why it doesn't
work on Windows. On a Mac the system menu will show the correct menu.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com