Somewhat OT: Windows Phone 8

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Jun 20 22:51:33 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>wrote:

> No, it runs Windows Phone 8, which "shares a core" with Windows 8. In
> theory you can write code once for W8 and WP8, but I've heard that
> story somewhere before...

Actually there are two versions of the Surface tablet. One is an ARM
version running Windows RT which looks like Windows Phone 8 and runs the
same apps and the other runs on x86 probably ivy bridge and runs Window 8
"real windows" and can run anything any windows machine can run... The ARM
thing will be priced like tablets and the x86 thing will be priced like
Ultrabooks. So it is dead because it is expensive.

--
http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.