Somewhat OT: Windows Phone 8

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Jun 20 20:40:51 EDT 2012

Ugh. Here we go again. First MS declares 'there is no market for tablets'
and disbands the development team, then kills the skunkworks Courier tablet
saying tablets will never survive. Of course Steve Jobs convinces the world
we all NEED tablets, and in typical Microsoft "copy copy copy" mode they
introduce a lame product too expensive, too late, and mark my word, this
thing is stillborn on introduction. What, the didn't even let the press
touch them? And no pricing?

Shades of when MS bought Danger for $500 million only to take years and
reportedly over a billion dollars to redesign the two facebook friendly
phones they called Kin. The sales after the first weekend launch was in the
low hundreds. They killed the project shortly thereafter. Even worse than
the Zune fiasco.

Who's running this show?

Oh yeah, Balmer. MS is dead until they get rid of that guy. Please RR,
don't spend any time trying to compile for that thing!