LiveCodeOnline [Was: Re: Rev Online]

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Jun 20 20:01:44 EDT 2012

On 20/06/2012 15:49, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> On-Rev is still in business as a shared hosting alternative with
> RevServer preinstalled, and RevServer itself is kinda nifty and also
> remains available, currently at v5.0.1 (understandable that it's not
> using 5.5 since most of the additions are for the field object and
> mobile, neither of which is particularly useful on a server).

But it's a pain having RevServer stuck in an older version, because the
stack format changed. If you have library stacks that you use in both
desktop apps and revServer (and of course that's one of the advantages
of Livecode), then you need to remember which version of LiveCode to use
when editing them. In theory you can just always remember to "Save As
..." and change the format - but I know from experience how easy it is
to forget that :-)

-- Alex.