Where do you save preferences?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jun 19 11:42:40 EDT 2012

That is exactly the issue of this thread. Apple is now forbidding that apps in the App Store write directly to this folder. I suppose it's for security's sake. It might be conceivable that the location of a helper app would be saved in a preferences file, and someone else could come along and alter that to be a bit of malware somewhere else.

Bob