Where do you save preferences?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue Jun 19 10:37:22 EDT 2012

Thanks for all the feedback on this. Here is the code I came up with to set the path for the preference file and create the folder if it didn't exist. Note I didn't include a company folder in the path like Igor's example because lcTaskList is not an executable but a plugin stack. You may want to include that in your program.

   if the platform is "MacOS" then put specialFolderPath("Home") & "/Library/Application Support/lcTaskList/" into vLcTaskListPath
   if the platform is "WIn32" then put specialFolderPath("0x001a") & "/lcTaskList/" into vLcTaskListPath
   if the platform is "Linux" then put specialFolderPath("Home") & "/.lcTaskList/" into vLcTaskListPath
   if there is not a folder vLcTaskListPath then create folder vLcTaskListPath

Bill Vlahos
InfoWallet (http://www.infowallet.com) is about keeping your important life information with you, accessible, and secure.
lcTaskList: (http://www.infowallet.com/lctasklist/index.htm)