Where do you save preferences?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Jun 18 19:40:28 EDT 2012

> What's new is that your app doesn't "write" there per se.  Apple is now requiring that the OS write there on your behalf, using either the theNSUserDefaults Cocoa class or the CFPreferences API.

Would people like an external solution for this? I have an iOS solution to integrate with the Settings app which will be released at some point and that also makes use of NSUserDefaults. I can't imagine it would be too much trouble to create an OS X external that just did the NSUserDefaults bit but if everyone will just move all user data to Application Support then I might as well focus on other things.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services