sending focus to next field

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jun 18 13:38:58 EDT 2012

Works great so long as you only have fields, but sooner or later it is going to focus on your button. What I have done is on openCard I build a list of fields whose names match a criteria, such as starting with "fld" whose locktext is false. I save it in a property.

When I want to set the focus, I find my current field in the list, and then set the focus to the next object in the list. This has the added advantage of being able to run a "tab order" procedure to change the tab order of objects without changing their ID's. I also intercept the tab key in the card script and follow the above method instead of letting LC do it.

Bob