Newbie -- files are not showing on my WIN Vista desktop

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 09:57:17 EDT 2012

Hi Ken and Others, (Happy Fathers Day too!)

Thanks. Sorta fixed.

What Ken wrote worked. I put the suggested code from Ken into the
message box. Fine. File showed up in the desktop as expected.

Next, with the same LC project open, do SAVE puts a visible LC project
on the desktop too. Wonderful so far.

Things work as long as I don't do SAVE AS or SAVE with the LC and
direct it into the Comuter / Progams / RunRev / LiveCode 5.5 branches.

Perhaps I as a user can not view files nor folders within or under the
/ programs directory? Permission things.
Then, I go to Computer / Programs / RunRev / Livecode 5.5 / June 2012
/ and SAVE AS... and that file is NOT visible when I go to look for it
without being within LiveCode.

Now I can make a working LiveCode folder in my documents folder. So, I
save the project outside of the programs directory and can see the LC
icon / project as expected.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim and Water Polo Camp Head Coach with
Neighborhood Learning Alliance