How do I import and export .txt file (attached to e-mail) in iOS app

William de Smet williamdesmet at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:15:07 EDT 2012

Hi there,

I am working on an educational iOS app where the user can make wordlists.
Now I want the list to be exported and imported into the same app on
another iOS device.
I could use a simple .txt file for export (any other suggestions?) and
attach it to an e-mail (I know how to do this).

How do I get my own app in the ' Open with' dialog on my iOS device.
Can this be done from within LC?
And how do I go on from there? How does my app know there is
'something' to import?

Anyone done this already?

Any suggestions are welcome!

greetings,