Unable to install livecode on Linux, why?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:11:03 EDT 2012

Not sure if this would apply, but there isn't a file association set up
with .x86 is there?  Perhaps for an associated executable that the system
can't find?  Just as a curiosity test you might rename the file to
something much simpler to type and without the extension (hugely unlikely,
but even so worth a shot.)  Worst case you've wasted 30 seconds. /shrug.

Also, is it possible your drive is starting to fail?  And you said the
installer was definitely set to executable, but never hurts to look at it
once more.

Hmm also might not hurt to put a copy in the path. (removing it of course
after the install completes.)

Last thought. While the installer isn't a shell script, if you "sh
lcinstallername" do you get a different response or perhaps a more verbose
message?