English language learners and LiveCode

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 12 16:36:50 EDT 2012

Richmond wrote:
> <snip>
>> Actually, RunRev should specifiy which Linux versions they
>> support. It's impossible to support every Linux distribution
>> available... [Where is LiveCode for Puppy Linux?] ;-)
>>
>> Al
>
> If RunRev do not support Ubuntu they are probably excluding a very large
> number of current and potential clients using Linux.

System requirements for each platform are noted here, under the section
"Platforms Supported":
<http://www.runrev.com/products/livecode/features-table/>

For Linux:

    Create native executables for 32-bit installation, or a
    64-bit Linux distribution that has a 32-bit compatibility
    layer, 2.4.x or later kernel, X11R5 or later, glibc 2.3.2
    or later, gtk/gdk/glib (optional – required for native
    theme support), pango/xft (optional – required for pdf
    printing, anti-aliased text and unicode font support),
    lcms (optional – required for color profile support in
    JPEGs and PNGs), gksu (optional – required for elevate
    process support)

In my experience, aside from the IDE bug with the Dictionary it seems to
run very well on Ubuntu.

In fact, I recently noticed that in v5.5 they now use the native theme
color for list selection hilites (thanks Mr. Waddingham!).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World